This car is pretty fuckin’ rad…. its got a 1JZ with a fat top mount turbo and I really can’t wait to see it finished!
So I went over to Devin’s house where my car is for the moment and test fitted my wheels, kit, and wings all together as a happy family. The wheels are perfect fit. Once I fix the crazy camber and toe (previous owner was running 18x11s) I should be able to run a 245 comfortably at -1º camber. Sweet.
Anyways, once I either get a job, unemployment, or some sort of income, I can start getting this motor ready. First up before anything is to buy a set of solid engine mounts and a transmission mount…
So my wheels made it to my house in one piece… hardly. I was pretty disappointed with the condition of the wheels compared to the price I paid. I wish I’d been home to receive them, I probably would have left a negative feedback to the seller. Oh well.
I guess that means no holding back then?
In other news, I went to DMAX yesterday and bought some goodies… Front fenders, a trunk wing and a roof wing. They didn’t have the hood in stock, so looks like it will have to be real BN Sports!
Since we just re-did the floors at my house, the garage is full of our furniture and so the Skyline is still at Devin’s house. I need to clean the place out before I can get the car back over here to start working on it.
When I got the car, the interior wasn’t looking so hot. It had no steering wheel, no seats, no shift knob, and a big hole in the center bezel from the lack of radio and din pocket along with the brackets that hold them. The shift and e-brake boots were torn and beat.
There were loose body parts and random shit inside, including some PCP that I found in the glovebox. Superb.
I started right away by installing my extra Nardi steering wheel and a friend’s shift knob in order to get the car off the trailer. Mind you, I had to do so with no seats. Harr Harr.
Then I started cleaning and vacuuming the interior. I couldn’t get it all the first round, so I’ll have to do it again. There was so much shit in there.
The rear seats are in perfect condition though. 🙂
Then I threw in my Brides and made a little center bezel hole cover until I get some radio brackets from Canada. I also installed some brand new shift and ebrake boots, with my spare Nismo knob to accompany them. I’ll have to have an upholstery shop re-do my ebrake handle, which is ripped :(.
I hope I can make some progress on it soon, but there’s a chance I might be out of town until the end of summer so this just may have to wait.